Frequently Asked Questions Visa Services

Frequently Asked Questions

S. No.

Question and Answer



Q: Is a transit visa required if one is not leaving the immigration area of the airport in India?

A: No, but only up to 10 hours.

You need a transit visa if you have stay in the immigration area beyond 10 hours.

Irrespective of the waiting time, you need to have a transit visa if you want to cross the immigration area.

Transit Visas are issued for 72 hours and applicable fees is 100 NIS.

Immigration area,
Transit visa


Q: Can a visa be transferred from an old passport to a new passport?

A: Yes, by applying through an online visa application form. Fees is NIS 30.

Transfer of visas


Q: Can one travel with a valid visa on an expired passport?

A: Yes, but you should carry the old passport containing the valid visa and the new valid passport.

Expired passport


Q: Does the Embassy issue emergency visas?

A: Yes, emergency visas are granted in rare cases of genuine emergencies.

Application may be directly submitted at the Embassy and not at the Visa Application Centers.

An additional NIS 180 shall be levied from the applicant, in addition to the applicable visa fees.

Emergency visa


Q: Can the purpose of a visa be changed after submitting the online application form?

A: No, so please apply for the right category of visa depending on the purpose of your visit.

Change of purpose


Q: Which categories of visa holders need to register themselves with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO)?

A: All foreigners possessing Student/Research/Employment and Medical Visa for more than 180 days have to register themselves with Foreigners Regional Registration Office / District Foreigners Registration Office at the place of their stay, within 14 days of their first arrival in India.

Other categories of visa holders need to register only if they intend to stay in India for more than 180 days continuously.

Contact information and other details of FRRO are available in the website:

Long term visas


Q: What are conditions to be fulfilled by the travelers to India?

A: Wildlife: The Indian Wildlife Protection Act bans all forms of wildlife trade. Violations of the provisions of the act are punishable with heavy fines and imprisonment. Travelers are, therefore, advised not to buy any wildlife or wildlife products or derivatives especially ivory articles, fur and skin articles derived from wild animals such as Shahtoosh.

Drugs: Buying, sales or use psycho-tropic drugs or any narcotic substances while in India is a cognizable offence punishable by imprisonment.



Q: Can I apply for a visa without dipositing my passport with the Embassy.


A: No. Your visa request will not be processed unless you submit your passport along with necessary documents and applicable visa fee. The Embassy witholds your passport all the time until the visa is issued.


Please contact the Visa Application Center on their helpline number 037626905 for any additional queries.